Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hair care haul!

I have picked up a few new hair items this month that I wanted to share!

Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray

I got this because it was only $5-6 dollars at Wal-mart, and the other sea salt spray I'd been eyeing, the Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray, is about $22.00.
I haven't used it yet, but it's supposed to give you that awesome beachy hair that you get from being in the ocean. The salt adds texture and wave to you hair. You apply it to damp or dry hair and either air dry or use a diffuser to achieve a touseled, beachy look. I thought this would be great for in the summer, since I swim a lot and can spray this in afterwards and have cute looking hair as opposed to the usual post-swim hair.

CHI Infra Treatment Thermal Protective Treatment
I have been wanting to try CHI hair care products for a while now, especially since I got my CHI flat iron for Christmas. I am always worried about heat damage to my already dry, damaged hair. Plus I have heard really good things about it, mostly the CHI Silk Infusion, but that stuff is so expensive! I only bought this because it was on clearance at Wal-mart for $3.50! Yes, $3.50 for the 12 oz size of Infra Treatment...I was in disbelief. It's usually $14-$15. I haven't used it yet, but the next time I plan on straightening or curling my hair, I am going to and might do a review on it.

Haha, my receipt....still can't believe it was so cheap! Are they discontinuing it? 


TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo
This was only a few dollars so I thought I'd give it a try. I have Oscar Blandi dry shampoo that is similar to baby powder, but since I have dark hair it can leave a white, powdery look if I don't massage it in very well. This is a liquid spray that has mineral clay and citrus to remove oils, odors, and add volume. I have used it once so far, a day before school when I didn't feel like getting ready (which is most days, really), and thought it worked quite nicely. Smells really pleasant and made my hair look cleaner, the whole purpose of a dry shampoo.















Wen Hair Care System
I have been wanting to try this for years, literally years, as soon as they started advertising it on info-mercials, and mom finally let me order it! You get 12 fl. oz. of the Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner, a comb for in the shower, Re Moist Intensive Hair Treatment,Texture Balm, and Styling Creme. The conditioner is a thick, creamy consistancy and smells awesome and feels tingly. I apply 3 pumps to each section of my hair, massage it in, comb thru, and let it sit while I finish my shower. Then I rinse and my hair really does feel soft and more volumunious than it used to. Besides the conditioner, the only other product I've tried is the styling cream, which I also like. I apply it to wet hair, then blow dry. I have only used the system twice so far, so I don't really have an official opinion yet. Maybe I will do a review in the future on it.







That's all of my recent hair care purchases! Have you tried any of these? If so, I would love to hear your opinions! Thanks so much for reading, have a wonderful Wednesday!


2 comments:

  1. i have been wanting to try that dry shampoo stuff so i am glad to hear that you like it! i will have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I recommend it! It's affordable and you get a lot in the bottle. It's awesome for days you just don't feel like washing your hair.

    ReplyDelete