Saturday, February 11, 2012

New hair color!

After about six months of bright blonde highlights, my hair was absolutely frazzled. It was thin and brittle in the first place, so I haven't a clue why I decided to bleach it. It looked like this:

There was quite a bit of blonde in the front, and it would break off and frizz out all of the time. I have spent a pretty penny on high-end hair care products trying to mend it (which I will do a haul about soon, I have discovered some amazing products in the process!). I decided that the healthiest thing to do was to dye it dark so I wouldn't need to keep up with it as often, since my natural color is a very dark brown. I wanted red undertones in it too, since my natural color is reddish in sunlight. Here's the result:


I LOVE it! It's exactly what I wanted! In low light or inside light it looks black-brown, but in natural or fluorescent light the red really shines though! (This pic was taken by the window.) Here's a few more pics:


So now the goal is to leave it alone and let it grow out! I'm still not using sulfates/parabens on my hair, not washing it every day, and taking vitamins that help your hair (B vitamins, Biotin), so hopefully it'll grow out and be HEALTHY and long and strong! No more bleach!! :)

What do you think? Which do you like better? 

1 comment: