Monday, March 21, 2011

Unexpected Obsession: Wet n' Wild


When you think of the brand Wet n'Wild, you may think of low quality, cheap drugstore make-up fit for 8 years old to play dress up with, but not to wear....and you used to be right, but Wet n' Wild has revamped their cosmetic line, substantially increasing the quality and prodcuct range, but keeping the low price tag. I kept seeing tons of rave reviews of the new Color Icon Palettes on YouTube, so I finally thought what the heck, I'll spend the 5 bucks and try it for myself....WOW. These eye shadows are awesome. They are so highly pigmented, more so than MAC! They are smooth and very blendable, and the palette I got, number 246 "Greed," came with 6 shadows (3 matte, 3 with shimmer) for around 5 bucks at Wal-greens. I am so pleased. My favorite part is that this palette line contains soooo many MAC dupes!
The Greed Palette:

The matte cream is a dupe for MAC's Brule
The matte black is a dupe for MAC's Carbon
The shimmery peach is a dupe for MAC'S Gleam
The shimmery black is a dupe for MAC's Black Tied

I also bought 2 other Wet n' Wild Palettes,  737 "Blue Had Me at Hello" & 738 "Comfort Zone."
Blue Had Me At Hello

These colors are so pretty, and INSANELY pigmented for $4.99 per palette. I am ecstatic. And these two palettes offer MAC dupes as well:
The Silver from the Blue palette is a dupe for Electra
The top left color on the Blue palette, a light shimmery silver, is a dupe for Crystal Avalance
The matte black is Carbon, shimmery black Black Tied

Comfort Zone Dupes:
Left Row--Photo Realism, Texture, Woodwinked, & Twinks
Right Row---Retrospeck, Sumptious Olive, Greensmoke, & Club

Please, please go pick these up! They are worth every penny. I also picked up 2 lipsticks in 901B Think Pink & 903C Just Peachy. Once again, I'm very pleased as they are very pigmented and smooth. I don't remember how much they cost but I'd say around 2-3 dollars a peice. I'm not sure if they are colors I will wear often, but they are phenomenal for the price and quality.


Have you tried any of the new Wet n' Wild products? If so, what do you think? Or are you going to try them soon? I'm excited to hear your opinion, I'm sure you're going to loooove them!

3 comments:

  1. the eye shadow i use every day is wet and wild! i LOVE it! it stays on my eyes all day and blends very well as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Emily D, thanks for the award, can't wait to make a post about it!
    @ StephanieRose989, I am so glad you love them as much as me! Your eye shadow always looks really pretty, I had no idea you used WNW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was trying to find that eyeshadow at Walmart today, but they dont sell Wet n Wild at the Walmart in Maryville. :(

    ReplyDelete