Thursday, April 7, 2011

March Favorites 2011! + 2 new Hard Candy things!

After an all-nighter working on my thesis, I have 28 pages done! I can't believe it. I could go to sleep for an hour or two before my 8 am class, but I think that would make me feel like crap and not be very beneficial. But I definitely need a study break, and thus here is my March faves :)

To recap, products I used & loved a lot in March, but have already mentioned in previous favorites:
-L'Oreal Carbon Black Mascara
-NARS Laguna Bronzer (to contour)
-Laura Mercier Secret Concealer
-Clinique Perfectly Real foundation
-MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
-Clarisonic

Now on to the faves:
1) Dermalogical Active Moist
active moist
I am really loving this lotion! It's light weight, oil free, and has no artificial fragrance or color. It makes my skin feel really hydrated but not greasy at all, and hasn't broken me out. I apply this before I apply foundation. It's REALLY freaking expensive, $54 for the regular size (3.4 fl. oz.) Mine is a sample size I got from an Ulta.com order, but you only need a tiny amount and .5 fl. oz. sample size is going to last a while.

2) Hard Candy Blush in Living Doll

Oh so pretty and adds a healthy sheen to the cheeks!

3) TRESemme Heat Tamer Spray

I can't believe this hasn't made it to favorites yet! I use it so much. Its a spray that is meant to protect your hair from heat damage. It's light and doesn't leave any build up, and smells really pleasant. I consistently spritz this onto damp hair before blow drying...I have forgotten maybe once or twice, that's it. Plus it's super affordable!

4) Wet n' Wild Palette in Comfort Zone

I have been LOVING, loving, loving this! So much so that I have been neglected my much-anticipated Naked palette and using this instead! Who woulda thunk??? The bottom right color especially, it is a beautiful dark burgundy with teal duo-chrome that is so unique (it doesn't show up well in this picture)! I have been playing around with it.
Here is a good swatch of the right row I found on Google Images:

It's number 8....see that awesome duo-chrome? Yet it's easily wearable and adds a flair to your look. I just can't get enough of it!

5) Victoria's Secret Body Splash in Bombshell

This stuff smells so fresh!! According to victoriassecret.com, it's "A glamorous blend of purple passion fruit, Shangri-la yellow peony and vanilla orchid." I don't know about all that, but it smell so fresh and clean and lady like. The scent lasts quite a while for a body splash as well. 


6) The Angry American, my favorite blog of the month...my honey's blog where he spews forth his political opinions, which is never shy to share with anyone. I am hoping he will start posting more often, I really do like to read what he has to say about guns/freedom/all things America!




Those are my favorites this month! Time for a little haul...


I picked up the Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer from Wal-mart the other day based on recommendation from a friend. I originally got light, but it was way too pale, so I got medium and its much better, maybe half a shade too dark...perfect for when I tan up.

I also got the Just Face It One-Step Foundation in Light, which worked out nicely as shade match.
 
Found the Dermalogica Active Moist quite a bit cheaper on Amazon.com if you want to try it out:


1 comment:

  1. Great post! I'm definitely going to try that TRESemme Heat Tamer Spray for when I use my curling iron and for the new iron that I just bought for making my hair wavy!

    Hey I tag you to do this blog post! Here is my version:
    http://fabulousfinds4.blogspot.com/2011/04/tag-how-much-is-your-face-worth.html

    - Emily :)

    ReplyDelete