Thursday, July 7, 2011

I'm down with Jaclyn Smith!

The fastest way to drastically change the way your bedroom looks, in my opinion, is to get a new comforter! I was long overdue a new one even though I pretty recently received a "bed in a bag" set (got it for Christmas from Mom and Dad). It was so cheap literally falling apart. The white fluffy innards of the comforter was coming out in places. Also, it was the opposite of comfortable, as the name 'comforter' implies. It was so cheap and felt rough. I liked the way it looked (check it out here), just not the way it felt. So, I am happy to say that I picked up a new comforter at K-mart today! It was more expensive than the last set, $79.99 for a queen set that included the comforter, two pillow shams, and a bed skirt.
Still in the bag! I never thought I'd be a fan of Jaclyn Smith Today, but I love the hounds tooth print. Plus it's my favorite colors for decorating a bedroom (or any room really), good old black and white!

Cute matching accent pillow ($14.99)

The second I took it out of the bag I could tell that this comforter would actually be comfortable! And I couldn't resist buying the adorable matching pillow. They had another black pillow meant to go with it, but I had a similar one so I didn't purchase it. The matching sheets, which were basically white with a thin pink stripe on the edge were around $50, so I opted out of those too and used a plain white set we already had at the house.
 I love it!!

I can't wait to cuddle in :)
Thanks so much for reading! Do you like my new comforter? What are your favorite colors for decorating a bedroom?

5 comments:

  1. That's so cute and chic! I LOVE it. :)

    I really like pink & white for decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I'm such a sucker for houndstooth. Love the whole look. So fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Vintage, yes pink and white is awesome for decorating. Pink is my all-time favorite color! And I love the word "chic" to describe it! It does look very quite chic, huh? :-)

    @Kelsey, yes m'am I actually thought of you and your classic style when I picked it out! I'm glad you like it gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought this for my dorm! I'm going to the University of Alabama where this pattern is a must! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Hello Kitty, this will be so perfect for your dorm! Good luck in college this year! :-) It will be my last year of undergrad. What year are you?

    ReplyDelete