Thursday, March 10, 2011

Products I Regret Buying

These are products that I've been disapointed with.
  • Revlon Photo Ready Foundation
I love Revlon's ColorStay liquid foundation, so I had to give this a try...ugh. Talk about sparkles! I feel like a Cullen when I wear this. I got it in Shade 02 Vanilla, the second shade, but it's so light. I can't imagine why there is even a shade lighter than it. The sparkles settle into my pores on my cheeks and nose and emphasize them. I use this foundation to mix a drop into a foundation that's too dark, or I might try using it as a highlighter. Not worth the 12 bucks.


  • Benefit Oh la la Lift
I have a really bad under eye circles, and this stuff claims to brighten the under eye area. It's a milky pink cream with a sheen to it. It does absolutely nothing for my under-eye area. It reminds me of High Beam from Benefit, but not as luminescent, so I might try using it as a highlighter as well. It was $22.00, outrageous for a tiny tube of worthless product.

  • Revlon Not Just Nudes Cream Eye Shadow Palette
Revlon is undoubtedly my favorite drug store brand, so I have tried a lot of their products. Only a few have disapointed me, the photo ready foundation and this eye shadow palette. You get four cream eye shadows in really nice shades...but on me, they crease and have minimal staying power, like 3 hours tops, even when I use a base. I didn't find thes very blendable either. There was a lot of people on YouTube that liked this palette, so it might be just a bad batch.
  • Philosopy Complexion Perfection Set
I got this at TJ Maxx for $19.95 and was so excited to give these Philosophy products a try. It contains The Supernatural Poreless, Flawless SPF 15, which is an orangey mousse consistancy tinted moisturizer of types, and The Present, a "clear make-up" that is supposed to give you airbrushed skin. Nope. The Supernatural is waxy and doesn't blend well, sits on top of my skin, and makes me shiny. The Present is just a moisturizer in my opinion, but no matter how long I let it set in it makes any foundation I put over peel off. Absolutely horrible.



  • Sephora Collection Smoothing Primer
At first, I really liked this primer. It made my skin feel smoothe and soft (because of the silicone in it) and made make-up glide on and last longer. However, after a few days it made me break out. I have several primers that do NOT make me break out but perform just as well, so this was a waste of $15.
Smoothing Primer

  • Stila Lip & Cheek Stains in Mango Crush and Pomegranite Crush
I got these last Christmas at Sephora in a duo set for $10, when they are usually $24 a peice, so $5 is better than paying $24 for these but still throwing money away. These are useless. They suck as cheek stains, dry too fast, and look very unnatural on the lips. I gave the pomegranite one away to a friend but the mango crush on is just sitting in the bottom of my make-up bag. What a waste.
Lip & Cheek Stain
  • Revlon Nude Attitude Lipstick
Want to look like a corpse with extremely dry lips?? Try this baby! It looks like a pasty, orangey concealer and the matte texture is extremley dying to lips, making the little lines more obvious. The only time I use this is to mix with a darker color to lighten it.

  • Maybelline Great Lash Mascara
The absolute worst mascara I've ever tried. It's supposed to be the number 1 mascara in America or something, but I don't see how. It made my lashes look stumpy and clumpy.


What are products that you regret buying??

3 comments:

  1. Wow this was quite a post; but helpful, no doubt. It sounds like you don't have much luck with Sephora products! haha I am about to buy two things from there so I will let you know how they turn out! I regret buying the Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Peach Satin though. I am very tan and it doesn't show up on me at all. Urgh it was $8!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What two things are you going to buy? I looove Sephora but some things are just not what they are cracked up to be. I might do a post about "Products that don't live up to the hype" or something, I just hate wasting money! And I got the pair of cowboy boots that you suggested! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that revlon photo finish was THE worst. oh my gosh i could not even force it to work when i wanted to. when are you going to sephora next? i wanna tag along. when i get paid i may treat myself to a few things. im in desperate need of a cosmetics overhaul

    ReplyDelete