Saturday, July 2, 2011

My secret for smooth summertime legs!

I hate shaving my legs A LOT. Let's face it, it sucks, and for me personally I struggle with razor bumps and irritation that can be really ugly and downright painful (I have very sensitive skin). However, I think I have finally found the perfect combination of products that reduce the red, irritated bumps! I wish I had discovered this routine years ago, so I just had to share it with you!
Step 1: EXFOLIATE!
This is really important. I have tried the routine without exfoliating first and it doesn't work as well.
I have been loving this Tree Hut Shea Sugar body scrub, you can find it for about $5 at Wal-mart and it smells awesome!

Step 2: Apply a thin layer of Bikini Zone Anti-Bumps Shave Gel
I know this is formulated for the bikini area, which it's great for, but it works wonders on the legs! The best shave gel I have ever used. Also found at Wal-mart for $6-$7.


Step 3: Shave! I don't really think what razor you use matters. I really like Bic Soleil disposable razors.

Step 4: Apply a pea-sized drop of baby oil gel to your legs before you get out of the shower, right after shaving.

Step 5: Towel dry legs and apply an unscented lotion. I love the Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion for this. Anything with dyes or fragrance will irritate and burn my freshly-saved skin.

And that's it! My legs don't get ugly red bumps anymore! This may seem like a lot of steps---and it is---but the extra effort is totally worth it. Now I don't have to deal with razor burn or worry about how unsightly those bumps will look in shorts :)
Thanks so much for reading! Do you have any holy-grail shaving products?


1 comment: