Thursday, June 30, 2011

Review: Hope in Jar Moisturizer by Philosophy


As a make-up/skincare junkie, I have heard so much about the Hope in a Jar Moisturizer from YouTube make-up gurus and blogs. Mostly they are rave reviews, and if it didn't cost so much I would have tried it out much earlier. Luckily I received a generous sample size (0.4 ounces, said to be a $12 value) with a recent Sephora purchase and have been putting it to the test. It claims to be suitable for all skin types, 99.99% oil free, and to smooth the complexion by reducing the appearance of wrinkles and discoloration. It also claims it will exfoliate the skin and contains antioxidants.
(This what my cute 0.4 ounce sample tube looks like).


Pros:

  • Lightweight
  • Hydrates the skin
  • Makes skin look smoother
  • Sulfate/GMOs/Triclosan free
Cons:
  • Smells AWFUL, like plastic (and the smell lingers forever)
  • Stings eyes (not getting in them, just getting CLOSE them!)
  • Price: $38 for 2 ounces at Sephora; may be cheaper other places
The bottom line for me is that while it does indeed hydrate my skin, it smells so bad and is way too expensive. I'll stick to my old faithful Clinique Dramatically Different gel. 
Thanks so much for reading! Any thoughts on this moisturizer?

As always, found it cheaper on Amazon.com!

1 comment:

  1. Wow this sounds awful! Esp the smell

    Thanks for the warning. :)

    I really like to use the Ocean Potion SPF 45 Retinol Sunscreen as a moisturizer.

    ReplyDelete