Sunday, July 10, 2011

Review: Bath & Body Works Triple Moisture Shower Cream

Let me start off by saying that I love Bath & Body Works. They have so many wonderful scents and I have been a big fan of their body washes for as long as I can remember. They recently came out with these new Triple Moisture Shower Cream body washes that come in an 8 ounce tube and claim to be a new formula, enticing you to try it by saying "Feel it to believe it."  Well, I tried it, I felt it, and I am not that impressed. The particular scent I bought was Midnight Pomegranate, a smell I love. The scent lasts for hours on the skin, especially when paired with the coordinating lotion. But the body wash was a very thick white cream that was hard to lather and made my skin feel just as good as their regular formulas.
My biggest issue with this product is the packaging. The tube is hard to squeeze for me, especially when you get down to the bottom. I know there is still product left in my tube but there is no way for me to squeeze it out since it's so thick, which is a waste. And the second or third time I used it, the print on the outside of the tube began flaking off, so there are tiny metallic flakes all over my tub and often on me when I get out of the shower. If I am paying $12 for 8 ounces of body wash, I expect for the labeling to at least hold up! So that was very messy and annoying. Now my next complaint might be downright nit picky, but it really bothers me: the cap lets water get in and the next time you pick it up to use it, a splash of cold water from the last shower gets all over you. I hate that! It's so unpleasant, and it holds quite a bit of water in there.

Feel it to believe it! Bah...
Look how much of my label has flaked away!
Tiny metallic flakes from the label. These get absolutely everywhere! In my shower, on my puff, and all over me!
Look closely at where the cap meets the bottle....see that slight opening? That's what allows water to collect in it and the next time you use it, a splash of cold water comes out and is very unpleasant.

Pros:
  • Scent lingers on the skin for hours
Cons:
  • Tube is difficult to squeeze & get all of the product out, which wastes the last bit
  • Labeling flakes off and makes an ungodly mess
  • Water stores in the cap for an unpleasant surprise next time you pick it up for use

Overall, I would skip this formulation and purchase the signature shower gel. It retails for $10.50 in store for a 10 ounce bottle....cheaper and more product, that to me has the same skin benefits in a much friendlier packaging. 

Have you tried out the new formula of Bath and Body works shower cream or lotions? What did you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment