Monday, January 24, 2011

Review: Aveda Phomollient

I have flat, thin, dry hair, so I am always on the lookout out for volumizing hair products. I have always been a fan of Aveda products, so I purchased Aveda Phomollient, a styling foam that is supposed to add shine and weightless volume to fine or medium hair. It comes packaged in a pump dispenser bottle with 6.7 ounces for about $16.00. If you are unfamiliar with the Avenda line of products, they are all botanically based high performance natural products. You can buy Aveda in salons or online.
The packaging:
As you can see, I have used about 3/4 of my bottle so far. It's a light brown liquid in the bottle that pumps out as a white foam. It's really lightweight and rubs into liquid in your hands. Personally, I apply two pumps to the roots of towel dried hair, and another two pumps on the rest of my hair. The directions suggest 3-5 pumps on wet OR dry hair.
Two pumps of Phomollient in my hand:
I then blow dry as usual. It does what it says, it ads shine and slight body and volume to my hair. It doesn't give hair that "crunchy" feeling either. While it's not the MOST volumizing product that I've ever tried, I really like it for those days that I just want to blow dry my hair and go. It's also good for your hair, with ingredients like honey, Burdock root extract, and marshmallow root extract. That's the best thing about Aveda, you feel good using their products because the ingredients are naturally derived. Overall, it's worth the $16.00 and I will definitely be purchasing this again when I run out! I give it a 9/10.

Thanks so much for reading! Have you tried this, or any other Aveda products? What would you recommend for flat, thin hair like mine?

Give Aveda Phomollient a try for yourself:

1 comment:

  1. They also have a volumizing tonic that helps add volume. Can be used on damp or dry hair, at roots and/or all over in combination with phomollient. Link --> http://www.aveda.com/product/5321/16789/Hair-Care/Styling/Volumizing-Tonic/index.tmpl

    ReplyDelete