Monday, January 10, 2011

Product Spotlight!

I think I'm going to start doing Product Spotlights, where I feature a product that I've been using and give you my opinion on it. Today's product is:
Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in Skinny Jeans
This is a cream shadow that I like to use as a base for dark eye looks. It functions similar to a MAC Paint Pot as it is doesn't crease and holds shadow on. Plus it smells like frosting! It comes in a glass jar with a screw off black plastic lid:


I have four of these, but the color I've been using lately is Skinny Jeans. Sephora.com describes Skinny Jeans as a "pretty pewter," but it looks like a frosty medium taupe to me. I originally bought it because I wanted a dark gray/silvery base color for a smoky eye look, but I am still satisfied with the color. It's dark enough to make a difference.
Swatches:
Sorry the next one is blurry! Couldn't get the camera to focus.
I am drawn to taupe-y colors, so a lot of the products I buy are similar in color. I'm trying to branch out though, I have enough taupes in my collection for a while! I can't buy anything until Mini Project 10 Pan is complete, which I'll update soon.
Overall, I recommend Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in Skinny Jeans as a good base for dark eye shadows. It won't crease and intensifies your shadow. It was $19.00, more expensive than a Paint Pot, so if you're looking for a different color eye base I would check MAC first, then look to Benefit if they don't have the color you want.
Thanks so much for reading! Please give me your opinion of Benefit's Cream Shadows or suggest any products you'd like to see in my upcoming Spotlights!



No comments:

Post a Comment