Tuesday, January 4, 2011

All About My Skincare Routine

Lately I've been getting more into skincare. It only makes sense to take care of your skin, you use less makeup and skin is something people notice about you immediately, even with makeup on. I've gotten into a grove with my skincare that I really enjoy and I feel like is doing great things for my skin!
1.) Drink tons of water! I quit drinking soft drinks (I only drink juice and water now) and I have really, really, REALLY noticed a difference in my skin. It is much clearer.
2.) Clarisonic Mia. This baby makes me actually enjoy washing my face. It feels so fresh and clean afterwards. It really penetrates deep into pores to remove dirt, oil, and makeup. I used to wash my wash my face then use a toner afterwards, and the cotton ball would be soiled with makeup that was left behind after cleansing; not anymore! The cotton ball is white. I stopped using a toner because I felt like I didn't need it anymore. This is worth the investment.
3.) Facial Wash. I have combination skin. Sometimes it's really oily, sometimes extremely dry, sensitive, and flaky, and sometimes oily in my T-zone and normal elsewhere. To combat this, I use a variety of cleansers depending on the needs of my skin at the moment.
When my skin is dry or sensitive, I use Cetaphil, a gentle cleanser for all skin types. You get a huge bottle with a convenient pump for about $9.
If my skin is acting "normal," which for me is oily in the T-zone and normal elsewhere, I use Nuetrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Redness Soothing Cream Cleanser. It contains salicylic acid to fight pimples and aloe and chamomile to calm redness.
If my skin is oily with no sensitivity, I use a glycolic acid wash. The acid exfoliates skin and gets rid of oil. I use Serious Skin Care's Glycolic Cleanser, an oil-free and soap-free formula. It's a little pricey at $36.50 a bottle but I use it seldomly, once a week at most, so it will last a while.
4.) Moisturizer. I adore Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief. It's a cream-gel formula that suits me whether I'm very oily or very dry. About $35 a bottle.
5). Treatment. Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector. I love this velvety, light weight serum to treat hyper-pigmentation from acne scars. It also evens out skin tone.
6.) Eye cream. I have horrendous under eye circles, so I use Clinique's All About Eyes Rich Cream. It moisturizes and helps with my dark circles.
That's my routine! What skincare products are you loving?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing and we are delighted that you love your Clarisonic Mia! Keep up your awesome cleansing routine!

    ReplyDelete