Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Spring & Summer Fashion Trends 2011

I am so excited for spring! Stores are stocking spring clothing and I've noticed a few trends that seem to be everywhere. With any fashion trend, take it or leave it. Pick out the ones you like and ignore the rest--that's what I do anyways. The whole crop-top 80's thing...no, I will not be jumping on that bandwagon. More power to you if you can rock that. I pick trends that I like & I think will be flattering on my body type. Here's my top 7 favorite trends that I'm excited about  this spring!
7.) Lace, so girly and delicate. Perfect for spring. Black lace was popular this winter, try lighter pastel colors for spring.







 6.) Sheer blouses. I personally would wear a tank top under these but I like the flirty femininity of the sheer, light fabric.











5.) Neutrals. Especially white.









4.) Stripes. I went to Forever 21 the other day and dang, the whole store looked striped.





3.) Floral prints. These have been in fashion for a few seasons now.








2.) 70's inspired fashion, especially bell bottoms. Also includes maxi dresses, chunky heels, clogs, and hot pants.








1.) Chunky wedges. Stemming from the 70's theme. Can be espadrilles or cork (or even wood!). I love them! Most are neutral colors---taupe, tan, brown, black.




Womens FioniPandora Wedge Sandal


As you can see, a lot of the styles overlap....white & lace, floral and lace, sheer tops & 70s inspired style, floral and 70s, wedges and 70s. I bought a couple of spring things at Target this week, when I have a photographer handy (a.k.a my fiancĂ©e) I'll haul them and put some outfits together from my own closet showing the way I would wear these styles. Again, I only wear the trends that I like and leave the rest, and wear them how I want. So if I pair 70s cork wedges with a lace dress, don't kill me okay? ;-) Look for that post early next week!

Thank you so much for reading! What spring trends are you excited about the most? Any of these that you LOVE or HATE?

No comments:

Post a Comment