Sunday, February 27, 2011

HELP! Which pair of boots?

Hi my lovely ladies (& gentltmen)! So in my previous Wishlist Post I mentioned that I wanted a pair of cowboy boots to go with a dress I plan on wearing to The Cotton Eye Joe, a night club in Knoxville. I have been searching around on the net to find a few candidates for boots and I just can't decide between two pairs!

Here's a picture of the dress that I'll be wearing them with:




And now for the boots!

*Candidate number 1:
Brown Scrunch Western Boots, $31.99, eBay

I like that the rich brown color will match the brown in my belt, but in a way I feel like these don't really look like cowboots...know what I mean? But I love the scrunchy sides and they are clearly "Western" inspired.

*Candidate number 2:
Old West Distressed Leather Cowgirl Boots, $49.99, Sheplers.com
Sheplers Old West Women's Distressed Leather Cowgirl Boots
These are more traditional cowboy boots. I think these would look good with the dress and also with short denim shorts (which for some reason is what girls like to wear to the Cotton Eyed Joe). The thing is these are 50 bucks, not including tax, shipping, & handling. It will probably end up at around $70 dollars...I'm not sure if I can spend that much on something I might only wear a few times.

So, what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. If you'll only be wearing them a few times, and especially to The Joe where they will be stepped on or have things spilled on them, I'd go with the cheaper ones. But I love boots and would probably wear them throughout the fall, so I'd go w/ the more expensive pair. They can be casual or cute & flirty. I think for the dress, the first ones are the best choice! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally like the second choice better with the dress. And as a southern girl, I think you will find plenty of times to wear these cowgirl boots! :)

    ReplyDelete