Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Review: Skin Perfection Gel

I received a sample of the Perfekt Skin Perfection Gel in Radiant, a medium beige color, with a Sephora.com order a while back. I had seen the product on the Sephora website before but I hadn't heard too much about it. The sample size was quite small, but a little goes a long way so it lasted for 4 complete applications, which I used for 4 consecutive days. It's a mousse like product that glides on skin and makes it look smooth and polished, diminishing pores and imperfections, but the coverage is so light that it doesn't look like you're wearing anything! It's AMAZING. Even better than a tinted moisturizer, in my opinion, since it covers flaws, looks natural, and leaves a silky satin and not greasy finish. On top of that, it's a natural product that doesn't test on animals, is oil free, fragrance free, paraben free, and contains antioxidants and vitamins A and E. It didn't irritate or break me out after 4 days of use, just made my skin look gorgeous!
The full size (1 fluid ounce)

My sample size. The product was in the little clear bubble (sorry about the flash). Yes, it really lasted 4 days! You can see the color range on the right side on this package as well--Translucent, Luminous, Radiant (my color), Rich, and Decadent. Even though this is a sheer product, I like that there are more options than the usual 3 shades of Light-Medium-Dark, as well as a translucent shade that ensures every single person can use this product, regardless of skin tone.

This product almost lives up to its namesake of 'Perfekt' except for one small detail. Are you sitting down for this? The full size, one fluid ounce, costs $57.50. INSANE! I could never pay that much for an ounce of make-up. I know that it would probably last quite a while, and it is a phenomenal product, but that's around 60 dollars for make-up. No thank you.
However, there may be a loop hole. Sephora offers a To Go size that is 0.25 ounces for the much more manageable price of $17.50. Still, very high for 1/4 of an ounce, but if it lasts as long as my sample indicates, it might be worth it. And forking out around 20 dollars is so much easier than 60. I believe I will add the To Go size to my Sephora.com Shopping List, and I will report back on whether it's truly worth the money based on how long it lasts after I purchase it.
Skin Perfection Gel To Go
The 0.25 To Go size ($17.50)

Thank you so much for reading! Have you tried the Perfekt Skin Perfection Gel? What did you think about it?


No comments:

Post a Comment