Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

Every year I make a few resolutions (I call them goals because it feels more long term to me). Some are kinda "given" (i.e. survive college) and some are ambitious (hike Mt. Leconte). Regardless, I always write them down and try to accomplish them. Here's my resolutions/goals for this year:Blockquote

1.) Survive my junior year of college. I start my thesis this year! I don't even know the topic yet. Most psychology theses (I'm a psych major) are around 100 pages...eek! Additionally, I'd like to get all A's next semester.

2.) Save up $3000 for my wedding. Since my boyfriend proposed, I have had my wedding on the brain, but they are so costly. I want to start saving up now! I still have 2 years but every bit will help.

3.) Starting January 1st, complete a "Mini Project 10 Pan." A project 10 pan, for those of you who don't know, is when you are not allowed to buy makeup until you finish 10 products in your collection. The title comes from being able to see the "pan" of a product when it is finished. It encourages you to use up some of your makeup and to revisit makeup you may have shoved in the back of the drawer or forgotten about. I put my own twist on the concept of Project 10 Pan by making it Mini---meaning that instead of using full size products, I will be using mini size, travel size, and deluxe sample sizes. I have so, so, so many of these smaller items because they are such a great way to try out a product and see if you like it before you invest a lot of money into it. I especially own a lot of mini mascaras, but also have mini lip glosses, facial lotions, lipstick, blush, primer, eyeshadow, and foundation that I need to use up.

4.) Buy one MAC eyeshadow per month after Mini Project 10 Pan is over. I have a lot of makeup, but not very many MAC eye shadows, only 5 to date (Vanilla, Satin Taupe, All That Glitters, Sable, and Handwritten). They are great quality and something that I really like collecting. Here's a few I am set on buying in 2011:
  • Honey Lust
  • Club
  • Shadowy Lady
  • Cranberry
  • Electra
  • Knight Divine
  • Shroom
  • Naked Lunch
  • Cork
  • Amber Lights
4.) Get in shape and stay that way! I want to lose 10 pounds and keep it off. My weight fluctuates a lot. I get stressed with school, or stay up late studying and eat munchies, and it comes back. I really like being around 95 lbs and want to continuously maintain a healthy diet.

5.) Get a summer job. This will really help in saving up $3000 dollars!

6.) Take 1 summer school class. Summer is a great time to get ahead in my classes. I think I want to take Western Civ 390 since I dropped it this semester.

Those are my resolutions/goals! What are yours? And are there any MAC eye shadows you recommend for my buy 1 a month goal? Let me know :) Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. You can definitely make Mt. Leconte happen. I'm touched that you are still thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to! When the weather is suitable (as in not absolutely freezing up there!) I want to go!

    ReplyDelete