Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Current Faves!

Hi all, second semester is in full swing...my last semester of college!...but I'm going to try to post as much as possible.

For now, here's my current favorites!

Hair, skin, and body care:

    • Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque. An oldie but a goodie! This masque is a thick, mint green paste that you leave on skin until dry and wash off with warm water. It makes my skin feel super soft and it has sulfur in it to dry up acne. It's about 3 dollars at drug stores, so it's also really affordable.
    • Clinique #3 Clarifying Lotion. I love this toner! It smells pretty strong but the smell doesn't linger on the skin. It removes any oil/dirt on the skin but doesn't leave it feeling dry, tight, or like there's a film left on it. Plus it has a small amount of salicylic acid to combat pimples and prevent them from forming.
    • John Frieda Clear Shine Luminous Glaze. I use this three times a week and it makes my hair so soft and shiny; it feels HEALTHY when I use this stuff! It's not heavy either, so it doesn't have the effect a deep conditioner might have where your hair gets oily quickly or just seems weighed down. Just apply after you have used the shampoo & conditioner of your choice and leave on for 3 minutes. Rinse and style as usual. Easy, fast, and it really delivers results. 
    • Victoria's Secret "Give A Little Pink" Body Lotion & Body Mist. I got this for Christmas from my future brother & sister and law, and I have been using it like crazy! It says it's snowy violet and apple blossom scented, but to me it just smells fresh and light and perfect for everyday. I have been into using the coordinating lotion/spray/body wash lately, and I think it makes the fragrance last so much longer. 

 Cosmetics:
  •   Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup. This stuff is great for the winter months. It's the perfect medium coverage, and it leaves a nice, subtle glow that makes skin look fresh and dewy despite the dullness or dryness that occurs due to the cold. I wouldn't wear it for going our at night, but for an everyday foundation, it's great. I'm in shade #40, Nude.


  •  Bare Minerals Eyeshadow in Magnifique. It's a deep brown plum that is gorgeous on the lid for a dark eye or in the crease for a smoky look. It looks matte but it has a beautiful purply iridescence that adds dimension to the eyes. It looks like you have spent a while expertly layering shadows when really you only swept one color on!


  •  L'Oreal Carbon Black Extra Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner. THIS IS THE BEST LINER EVER! It's so rich and pigmented, glides on evenly and smoothly, and stays on! In the pictures below, I have compared it to my old favorite eyeliner, Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof...it blows it out of the water in all dimensions, pigmentation, lasting power, and price!! The L'Oreal can be found at drugstores for about $8.


L'Oreal Extra Intense on the left; Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof on the right.
See the difference? Hard to believe the L'Oreal is about $20 cheaper too! 

What are your current favorites?

2 comments: