Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Summer Whites

White is always a key color of summer. It's simple, classic, and looks great on (spray) tan skin (read my post about tanning & melanoma here!). White is cool and crisp for the blisteringly hot, humid August days we have been having in East Tennessee lately, and perfect for the beach. From airy sundresses to simple white shorts, I am going to share my favorite ways to wear white in the summer. Enjoy!

Eyelet Dresses
(from Delia's)
(also from Delia's)
The eyelet detailing gives the dress an interesting texture and spices up what could otherwise be a little plain. Eyelet dresses also have a certain country charm and I think they look very cute paired with boots and a denim jacket, or belted with a brown or cognac colored belt.

White Shorts
A wardrobe essential. White shorts practically go with everything and look fresh and fabulous.
(from Forever 21)
I love Target's shorts! They are so comfortable.

White shorts look really pretty with a coral top. I wore this to a cook out.

White Lace Tops
(from Delia's)
(from Delia's)
White lace is so delicate and feminine. I love how versatile it is, easily dressed up or dressed down depending on the occasion.

Don't just wear white clothing, accessorize with white too!

White Wayfarer Sunglasses
(Only $4.25 at Amazon.com!)

Taylor Swift Sunglasses, White Ray Ban wayfarer Sunglasses, Taylor Swift Celebrity Eyewear, Taylor Swift Glasses White Sunglasses

White Feather Earrings
White Feather Earrings
(Handmade at Artedesigns.com)
Target, $7.99


White Handbags
Summer Necessity: The White Handbag
(available at Bluefly.com)
Coach Madison Leather Large Sophia Satchel (Coach.com)

I went to the Coach Outlet at Tanger recently and bought my own white handbag!

 MSRP $328....but got it for around $100 at the outlet!

The green pop of color is sooo pretty.

White Floppy Sunhats

 Since I have been careful about sun exposure this summer, in addition to slathering on the SPF when I am poolside I also wear a sunhat to protect my face and hair. The one I'm wearing in this photo was only $12 at Target!

White Watches
I love the white watch trend! You can splurge on a Michael Kors (pictured), but nearly everywhere has much cheaper options!

How do you style white for the summer? 

Thank you so much for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment